Friday, June 24, 2005

Departure

Looking for Pele at Kilauea


I returned the day before yesterday from my trip to the Big Island, and leave today for my trip to D.C. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, though it seems hardly possible given that my luggage weighs as much as my entire UAB. No one needs this much clothing -- except for me, apparently.

Nene Crossing


I feel calm and tense by turns. Are three books enough for nine hours of flight? This rushed travel seems uncivil. I'd love to be boarding an ocean liner, with the tickertape send-off, and the deck chairs scattered over the white surface of the ship.

Lava found at last


Four hours till take off. I suppose I should take a shower now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move!

Mrs. Wrye said...

Ah I'll miss you bunches! Although you're moving closer to me actually... lol :)