Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Fine Visa Moment

Today I interviewed two slightly older women. Pretty routine P visa, previous issuances... "What do you play?" I asked the one. Guitar. "And you?" Drums. "So are you guys a group? What are you called?" Shonen Knife. Shonen Knife! I could feel myself getting all flush. "Really? You're Shonen Knife?" What do you say? I called Vanessa over to the window. "Um, Vanessa, I'm interviewing Shonen Knife." Or sort of interviewing. More just fawning. They were gracious enough to be mildly embarrassed.

This so made up for Todd getting to interview the hot dog eating contest winner.

8 comments:

dandelion feet said...

holy crap, katie! what next? smap?

Anonymous said...

i LOVE shonen knife! SO COOL that you got to interview them!

Anonymous said...

Can you ask for autographs at the visa window??
Just wondering!
mom

Sharon said...

Thanks for the wikipedia link. I have never heard of them. Can't wait to see you next year!

Charles said...

Wow! Sorry, just wow!

melanie said...

oh wow, awesome. i've actually seen them play once or twice. fun! i love their version of raindrops keep falling on my head.

Anonymous said...

Katie - I am totally jealous. How cool! - Shaila

Katie said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only fan! But no, no autographs at the window...

Shaila, just think: soon we can talk about japanese pop groups in Arabic.