Thursday, May 22, 2008

And that, حبيبي, is the Difference Between a 2+ and a 3

Every day in class we're supposed to give a short synopsis of the things we did the evening before. After 13 weeks of this, my classmates and I have come to the realization that we are essentially very boring people.

I've heard that in other language classes (where you can presumably learn more quickly to speak at a higher level than "I ate chicken. I read a book.") the realization you come to is that you are all very odd people.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this.

4 comments:

Heather said...

When I was in Romanian language, I remember watching t.v. in my apartment in the evenings and thinking how boring this is going to sound in class the next morning. It didn't motivate me to actually *do* anything different, but I would spend a few minutes fabricating a more interesting story to share with the class. How sad.

Katie said...

See, language learning is all about getting those creative juices flowing. Personally, I limit myself to only doing things covered by my current Arabic vocabulary.

Lee said...

I just talked about how great hugo chavez was. that got the teachers talkin.

Shawn said...

In Russian I largely remember trying to talk about having fun doing this or that and the instructors telling me that was no good way to translate having fun in Russian.