Monday, January 18, 2010

You may be an undigested bit of hummus, a blot of lebneh, a crumb of jamid, a fragment of underdone falafel.

While doing a notarial for the RSO, he commented on all of my fancy stamps. "Yes, they're by far the most fun part of this job," I assured him, proceeding to add a few more consular seals to his document via some showy wrist action -- the ACS equivalent of the bar scene in Cocktail. Consular work is all about knowing your audience.

There was a moment -- only a moment! -- where I felt a slight twinge of... something. Regret? The POL section certainly wasn't going to have any fun presses or stickers; they probably wouldn't even give me a name stamp. Would I be sorrowful moving on from what I've come to think of as my scrapbooking tour? I handed the RSO back his elaborately inked and crimped paper and considered this for a bit.

Hmm, no -- I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Foreign Service, here we come! said...

Scrapbooking tour... too funny!