Thursday, October 06, 2011

Libidinous Loadshedding Droids

My neighbors have recently installed a new generator to help cope with the increased loadshedding.* Understandable. I also have a generator; it is a thing of beauty. Behold:


Doesn't it look friendly? Couldn't you picture it chatting with R2-D2? Note especially the green cover. That not only improves the aesthetic, but also acts as a sound dampener. Say it with me: 'sound dampener'.

I have not seen my neighbors' new generator, but evidence suggests that it might be lacking a cover, green or otherwise. In fact, they seem to have sheathed it in a special sound enhancer. When the power goes out, the noise coming from the other side of the wall could only be described as two aged freight trains engaged in an illicit bout of lovemaking atop a bed of castanets. It's so loud, it drowns out even the guards' attempts at hand gesture communication.

I hesitate to bring this to the attention of my neighbors. For one, I find it hard to believe that they haven't noticed themselves. For two, I can't actually walk outside of my yard to go knock on their front door. Not without a whole host of armed guards. Though maybe that kind of entourage would only assist the conversation.


*Newspeak for 'rolling blackouts'

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I have never commented before, but the phrase about illicit freight train lovemaking on a bed of castanets made me laugh out loud. Check out our adventures in Uzbekistan @ www.thepaulbenjamin.com and click on the blog link.

Katie said...

Sounds like you're having fun in Uzbekistan. I hope you're getting into just the right amount of trouble.

Heather said...

I had a neighbor complain about the sound of my big green generator. I adjusted the timer so that it wouldn't turn on during the day when I'm at work. Now if I can just find a way to put a timer on their obnoxious dogs that emit a high-pitched yelp every time someone drives by.

Katie said...

I hope for your sake that her dogs are not also libidinous.

Umar said...

Hahaahaa thats really nice katty

but to ur hard luck this hings mostly happens in pakistan and we have become immune to it

Katie said...

I hope soon you become immune to dengue, too!