Thursday, November 24, 2011

Plus, I try not to date outside of the Visa Waiver Program

It's no secret that cross-cultural relationships can be fraught with stress and difficulty. Throw in an extreme age gap, dissimilar religious backgrounds, and a language barrier, and you're really just asking for heartbreak. I saw this all too often during my consular work.

So, all you Pakistani males aged 14-18, please stop sending me unsolicited Facebook friend requests. I'm really sorry, but it's just not going to work out.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm actually considering buying a fake wedding ring to wear on those occasions when being single would attract very unwanted attention (in non-visa waiver countries).

Lee said...

but if you are 19, game on!

Katie said...

Well, you know, Lee; I try to keep an open mind... (FOR ALL YOU 19 YEAR OLD PAKISTANI MALES READING THIS, THAT IS A BALD-FACED LIE.)

Anonymous said...

One night stands are ok right? :)

Katie said...

I'm not really sure how to respond to your comment. "No" comes to mind.