Monday, January 23, 2012

Stress and Other Hypotheticals

There was a brown bag lunch presentation today on stress management... which I did not attend. I don't think I've ever attended a FS presentation on stress management, now that I reflect on it, though they're offered fairly regularly. It's not so much that I don't feel stressed -- just not THAT stressed. Not so specially stressed that it deserves extra attention. I sense there's some danger at hardship posts of finding the stress somehow self-justifying, like the more stressed and frightened you are, the more self-important you're allowed to feel. Naturally, under that set up, everyone is going to feel SUPER stressed. I mean, we have to earn that extra R&R, right?

Besides, realistically, what are they going to tell me? Take a walk outside? Confide in my spouse? Some things you just have to deal with. I've heard drinking is a good way to go. Overworking is a less popular option. Me, I play a lot of computer solitaire.

3 comments:

Gdine said...

Knitting might be a good choice. Or maybe that bubble arcade game I found in the app store....

I love you! Can't wait for that next R & R!! 8^)

Sharon said...

I think writing is your outlet.

Joanie said...

I have been taking bridge lessons and I played a LOT of online bridge last winter. Do you play? www.bridgebase.com. xoxo