Saturday, June 09, 2012

The Saddest Story You've Ever Heard

From: Katie
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:35 AM
To: Mom
Subject: Home


Hi Mom!  Thanks for the photos -- I'm excited to see the new house, and it will be good to see you and Dad, of course.  I'm pretty ready to come home.

I love you!

Katie 


From: Mom
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:42 AM
To: Katie
Subject: Re: Home


Hi girly!  We're looking forward to having you here.  I got all the pictures hung in record time!  When are you coming back again?  We'll be in JAX the last 3 days of June.

Love, Mom 


From: Katie
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:50 AM
To: Mom
Subject: Re: Home


Hmm.  I'm arriving on June 28.  No big deal, though -- if you'll leave the key with the neighbors, I can let myself in.

Katie


From: Mom
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:55 AM
To: Katie
Subject: Re: Home


Oh no, I feel terrible!  Did we know your return date?  I'm sure we can find someone to pick you up at the airport. You can feed the cats for us.  We'll make sure there's plenty of food in the fridge, too. 


From: Katie
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:01 AM
To: Mom
Subject: Re: Home


Sure, Mom, that's no problem.  I don't need much -- mostly I just want to walk around freely.  If you'll leave me the car keys and the Garmin, I can get out to a coffee shop or the bookstore and read. 


From: Mom
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:04 AM
To: Katie
Subject: Re: Home


I don't know of many coffee shops around here!  And better to order from Amazon.  Your father just pre-paid for a year's worth of shipping.


From: Katie
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:11 AM
To: Mom
Subject: Re: Home


Should I just go straight to DC?  Or I could visit Karyn in Colorado.  I don't mind.


From: Mom
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:15 AM
To: Katie
Subject: Re: Home


No, no, we're really looking forward to having you!

7 comments:

Geraldine Kiser said...

Thanks for making us feel like the worst parents in the entire world! I feel worse than ever now!!....but I'm still going to JAX....harumph!

Katie said...

I'm going to milk this for a long time.

Joe said...

I'll pick you up...unless anything better comes along. Seriously if you need a ride, let me know or super shuttle

Katie said...

Thanks, Joe -- I'm flying into National, so I should be able to metro. Gosh, if only there were a metro system in San Antonio. Well, I guess I'll get to the house somehow...

Sharon said...

Come visit us in DC! We would love to see you and I promise that we won't abandon you:)

Katie said...

I'll be out to DC soon -- in the meantime, I am too much enjoying this moment. (Also Karyn's opted to join me in Texas, so I'm not as abandoned as I could be...)

Anonymous said...

thats not even sad